Life Update | 6.5.19

Hello and welcome back!

It's been a hot minute since I've posted on here. I had to take some time away from social media (blogging, vlogging, etc.) and allow myself to heal. It also gave me the opportunity to work on being present and truly enjoy the life I'm living.

This last quarter has been amazing. I feel like I've grown so much as a person, both inward and outward. I've been working on loving myself and accepting myself exactly as I am. Learning to embrace my weird quirks, my looks, my style, everything from head to toe, inside and out.

I've had a lot of time to reflect on the good and bad of my past. What I put up with and what I allowed myself to lose over the years. I've been lucky enough to have help with this, as it's something I couldn't do on my own.

I've also allowed myself to truly embrace and enjoy the friendships I have here in Savannah, which is something I've been working on since last fall. Even though this quarter was one of the hardest when it comes to school work, it was definitely one of the best and most rewarding.

This April I celebrated turning 30 YEARS OLD. I can't believe it. I never thought I'd live to see 30, let alone be so happy and alive. I had the BEST birthday weekend, including spending time with my best friend, celebrating with my SCAD family, and celebrating SCAD turning 40!







As some of you saw, I was accepted into a SCADpro collaboration with Kendra Scott. It was one of the coolest courses I've ever taken! We created a 360-degree marketing campaign including a multitude of marketing channels. I was a model in the campaign (that was fun!) and it was a wonderful experience on how to be an effective team lead and a team player. I also had the opportunity to travel to Austin, Texas to visit the Kendra Scott home office, which was so much fun!




This collaboration also introduced me to some of my favorite girls in the world! I developed so many friendships in this SCADpro course and I will never forget how much fun we had together!







Over all I got to spend time with wonderful people this quarter, which is something I've noticed and appreciate so much. My friends here mean the world to me and I always hope I can bring them the happiness and joy that they bring me.





I ended this quarter making all A's, something I'm so incredibly proud of. I also got accepted into another SCADpro collaboration for the fall to work with BMW! B. M. W. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

This summer I plan on enjoying beach days with my friends, being a TA for an Industrial Design course here at SCAD, and living life to its fullest. I seriously can't wait.


Comments

Popular Posts