MarvelOptics.com Scholarship Essay Contest


Taking a talent for granted, whether it is natural or has been perfected over the course of many years, is a sad thing to go to waste. I have a short amount of time on earth, and I want my talents to make a positive impact on other people’s lives. 

Baking and design have both been an integral part of my life ever since I can remember and I have vested my time in both subjects extensively. Growing up, the women in my family taught me how to bake, showed me kitchen techniques, and let me help prepare holiday meals with them. I took great interest in the functionality of kitchen gadgets and the way they worked intrigued me. I was greatly interested in stores that sold endless amounts of functional household items that I could test and try out. Concurrently, I spent a lot of time creating when I was a child. I loved drawing house plans, making flyers and posters, designing t-shirts, and anything else I could do to express my ideas. 

I have invested in both of these passions over time, getting my undergraduate degree in visual communications, as well as opening a small baking business out of my home. My experience as a baker and designer have given me skill sets that can allow me to use my perspective as not only a designer but also as a user of products one would design. 

I wish to pursue my MFA in Industrial Design at the Savannah College of Art and Design, which will integrate my two passions: design and baking. It is a dream of mine, once I graduate, to work for an innovative company and continue integrating my passions in art, design, and baking and positively impacting the lives of consumers through my work.


Thank you to www.marveloptics.com for giving me the opportunity to enter this scholarship essay contest!

Comments

Popular Posts