Thank You

In my last blog post, I felt like I skipped over a huge part of my experience with leaving: My friends and family.

I sometimes get so caught up in my feelings, I forget to look at what I have been blessed with, but believe me when I say I have been given ten-thousand fold what I have tried to give to the people in my lives.

I have had friends for years and years (I'm looking at you Anthony and Irene!)
I have had friends for about nine years (There's like... a thousand of you)
I have had friends for a couple of years (My work friends from Gigi's and OU)
You have all made a huge difference in my life, and for that I am grateful.

My friends have guided me, supported me, and saved my life. You have given me the opportunity to grow, whether it was gracefully or balled up in a pile of mistakes and errors. We have laughed and cried, mis-communicated and made amends, and we have trudged the road to happy destiny.

If it weren't for the people I have met in Norman, I probably would not be alive.

It might seem silly to write a post on just saying thank you, but friendships for me are always difficult, and I have been fortunate enough to find some awesome friends that love me through thick and thin.

I am so grateful I have been given to opportunity to grow up here in Norman and around the wonderful people I have gotten to know over the years. You are my family even though we are not related by blood.

As for my blood family, they have always been supportive in what I do. If it weren't for my grandmother and grandfather, I wouldn't have been able to go to college. My family has loved me unconditionally through thick and thin. I have struggled with a lot of things and dealt with some difficult phases in life, but they have always rooted for me to win. I haven't always been the best at staying in touch with my family, but I couldn't ask for a better one.

So to wrap up this short post, I will conclude with what I began with: You have guided me, supported me, and saved my life. I can't pay it back, but I will do my best to pay it forward.

Much love. 💗


Photo found here.

Comments

Popular Posts